Monday, December 30, 2013

Motivational Monday: 10 New Year's Resolutions Actually Worth Keeping

happy new year 2014

New Year's has always been the most important time of year for me. There is something about the combination of beginning a new year and celebrating my birthday that has always made the New Year feel like a fresh start. Like most people I've gotten into the habit of making the traditional resolutions (Workout, eat better, etc) but often have a hard time following through. Recently a friend sent me an article from EliteDaily with practical (read specific) New Year's resolutions that I thought was worth sharing. Below are my ten favorite from the article (read the ones that I need to make a commitment to do).



1. Leave the country. If you don’t have money, look into doing charity work abroad. Some programs will sponsor you.

2. Stop beating yourself up for skipping the gym on days you truly didn’t have time. But also, stop skipping the gym on days you had plenty of time to go.

3. Stop being so shallow. Next time you find yourself judging someone based on his or her appearance, imagine the person standing in front of you saying, “I’m beautiful.” You’ll start to believe it

4. Try a fashion trend you never thought you could pull off. And, do it with confidence. Floppy hats, snap backs, Harem pants; you can do it!

5. Rid yourself of enemies. Apologize for what you did wrong and forgive those who have wronged you.

6. Keep a journal. It doesn’t have to be something you use daily, but documenting your experiences is incredibly important. You’ll appreciate it later.

7. Stop caring about how many people “like” your Instagram photos. If you like the photo enough to post it, what else matters? Social media anxiety is a waste of time.

8. Strengthen relationships with family members. Blood is thicker than water.

9. Help strangers. “Pay it forward,” do good things for the world — and don’t post a Facebook status about it.

10. If you think somebody is cute, say “hi” and introduce yourself. Every relationship you have ever had started with a greeting.

 

Want to read more resolutions? The original article had several others that didn't make this list so check out the full article here to see all 25.

 

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Comment below and share your resolutions for 2014!

 
xoxo,


Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!

Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on InstagramTwitterFacebook, and Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I just wrote a post about NY resolutions! I usually try to make one every year, but this year the new year crept up on me so I asked someone else to make one for me and I came up with one for them.

    Mine are to trust and believe in myself more and also to choose to be more positive.

    I especially like number 2 and 4 on this list though!

    - Shanara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great resolutions Shanara, I also want to do that in the new year!

    ReplyDelete