- A Fashion Fixation is ready for a casual happy hour in jeans, but dresses them up with a sassy pink wedge! So cute! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ishi made an impulse buy that she definitely isn't regretting! Pop over to check out her latest (wallet-friendly) find!
- Fabulously Average is throwing out all of the old Labor Day fashion rules and goes for white on white, which she plans to wear well past the holiday! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Leopard and Lillies goes for an avant garde look with leopard and leather! Head over to see how she wears a dress as a top - so smart! (find Leopard and Lillies on Twitter!)
- Minted Glam is slightly obsessed with polka dots this season and she wears them well! Check out what sweater she had to have in 3(!) colors! (find Minted Galm on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy complied a list of 20 bags that are perfect for work or school! How to choose... they are all so fabulous! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Ash n' Fashn is taking her inspiration from European girls and rocking a turban. Best news? She made it out of a scarf so you can try it out, too! (find Ash n' Fashn on Twitter!)
- The Glossy Life is teaching us how to make french toast casserole - a dish sure to impress any overnight guests! Head over for the recipe! (find The Glossy Life on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes for an outfit that incorporates all of her favorite things - braid, maxi and stripes! It is pretty perfect if you ask me! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins recreated a look from our favorite Orange County girl - Lauren Conrad! Simple and great for summer or fall!
- Urban Frill is finding her self in a fall state of mind with the weather starting to change! Jeans and boots in the same outfit?! So exciting! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- It's Not That Deep mixes big and small for a relaxed but polished casual look! Pop over to see how you can recreate this outfit!
- For All Things Lovely looks so chic in peplum and a bow! She is summer on top and fall on the bottom for an easy transitional outfit!
- Second Street East takes a cue from Kate Spade's apartment and creates a fabulous, colorful look! Pop over to find out where to buy the pieces! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style gives us the rundown on another fall trend - black and white! Such a great way to create an effortlessly chic look! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Friday, August 31, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012
As excited as I am to talk about the new trends for the Fall, there is something that’s so bitter sweet about saying goodbye to summer. Luckily, while the weather is still warm, we can hang on to some of our summer favorites in the Fall as well. As a southern girl, I know first hand that sandals and flip-flops are a back to school staple, often worn well into the school year. Havaianas, in particular, are a classic brand that I first learned about from one of my friends in school. Recently, the brand has been busy expanding its presence by growing in the number of styles it offers, as well as the number of stores, like the new Havaianas store opening in Miami Beach, FL Fall 2012. (Definitely a match made in heaven!)
In the spirit of enjoying the remainder of the warm weather, and a little inspiration from their 2013 collection sneak preview, I put together a few of my favorite picks for chic and cute flip-flops!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Lately I've been consumed with purchasing the perfect chic carry all handbag for work. As you may remember from this Fall's Bag it list post, the shopper bag is everywhere this season. Not only is it the perfect bag to take on busy errand days, it's perfect for work, school, and even a stylish diaper bag. I can't get enough of this bag, and have already purchased a few and added several to my "next paycheck shopping list" budget. Since I can't purchase them all (for good reason... have you seen the shows on Extreme Hoarding?? It's a scary slippery slop I do not wish to go down), I wanted to share with you my list of 20 Shopper Bags to get right now! Keep reading to see each bag individually and the link to purchase it!
Monday, August 27, 2012
I was cleaning out my pantry and came across a box of lasagna noodles. It wasn't enough to make lasagna with but it seemed a shame to waste so I googled recipes for unused lasagna noodles and came across a pasta salad recipe.
This super yummy meal was pretty easy to make. Keep reading to find out how you can make this simple healthy meal!
Friday, August 24, 2012
Happy Friday Everyone!! This week I decided to try something new, instead of my typical "Friday's Fancies" post, I'm bringing you a list of fun fashion articles from bloggers across the board! I hope you enjoy checking out these other ladies, and when your done be sure to comment below and let me know what you think of today's post!
- The Double Take Girls are thinking ahead to fall with a transitional blazer that is perfect for bridging the gap to cooler temps! It was a steal, too! (find The Double Take Girls on Twitter!)
- Lilies, Lattes & Lace is all wrapped up in a summer dress! Pop over to see how she styles this classic silhouette! (find Lilies, Lattes & Lace on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is taking her inspiration from Pinterest and using what she already owns to create a bright, versatile look! So cute! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rachel's Look Book looks stunning in a vintage blazer and striped maxi! An outfit meant for dining al fresco on cooler nights! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill has found a comfy, stylish outfit that makes her feel great - what more could a girl ask for?! And it involves leopard...which doesn't hurt either! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image found an oldie (but a goodie!) that she forgot was in her closet! Don't you love when that happens?! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is savoring the last weeks of warmer temps in a look that is fit for a summer soiree - complete with a floppy hat! So cute! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Ishi goes for a twist on the classic work ensemble with chambray and edgy jewelry! She is definitely the most stylish girl in her office!
- Fabulously Average mixes a whimsical dress with a little southwestern charm! Pop over to check out her sweet kicks! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Leopard and Lillies is rocking leather in the desert and still manages to make it warm weather appropriate! Don't miss this cute look! (find Leopard and Lillies on Twitter!)
- Minted Glam is finding her khaki vest to be indispensable in the transition to fall! It adds a fun safari vibe to any look! (find Minted Galm on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy rounds up all of her favorite combat boots that are under $100! They are sure to be a fall staple so go pick out a pair! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Ash n' Fashn is already envisioning how she will style her black lace dress through fall and winter. It is truly a 4-season piece! (find Ash n' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is feeling sassy in red and leopard - definitely a chic way to make a statement! Head over to check out the room it inspired! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up some of her favorite pieces of the moment, including a fabulous Kate Spade sweatshirt! Hide your wallets! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Combat boots are one of my secret lovers. Last year I wasn't prepared to dish out the cash on an actual pair of Doc Martins so I decided to test drive the trend with an inexpensive pair from a Forever 21 es store named "Love Culture" and they almost instantly became my go to shoes for school, shopping, and sometimes even parties (don't judge it was college...frat houses don't exactly call for stilettos). Fast forward to almost a year later and even though it's still as hot as a monkey's elbow in the city, I can't help but look forlornly at the few brave chic girls defiantly wearing combat boots in 90 degree weather. Although I'm not enough of a die-hard fan to show my solidarity all seasons long, to say I'm excited to see them back again this Fall would be an under statement.
Now that I've gotten you hopefully thoroughly as pumped up as I am, be sure to look out for part 2 of this post where I show you 3 ways to style your new-found love. Keep reading to see where you can get these great finds from!!!
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Although it's been almost 3 months since the big day, it's just now starting to finally sink in for me that I graduated and won't be going back to school in the Fall. As my friends still in college book their flights back to school, and I see school supplies list popping up in stores... I couldn't help but feel a little nostalgic. Back to school shopping was literally my favorite part of school. Although in college it became less of a big deal, there are few things I love more than the smell of fresh agenda books (YES they DO have a scent!!) and the first time wearing a new item of clothes.
For almost as long as I can remember I use to create for myself "fashion cheat sheets" that I would bring along with me when my mom took me back to school shopping (as I mentioned before, I was an interesting child). In the spirit of back to school, I decided to share with you guys my would be back to school style sheet this year. Keep reading to see my picks for the must have items this year.
Monday, August 20, 2012
Today's "how to" is a guest post from across the pond by another Fancy blogger named "Fran" who blogs over at Teahab. She was gracious enough to share with my reader's one of her DIY projects :)
Hi, I’m Francesca. I write a DIY fashion blog called Teahab. Over at
Teahab we take current trends and explore different ways of easily
creating your own fashion and accessories. Francisca has very kindly
asked me to guest post here on Fancy Francy, and I loved the site so
much I couldn’t resist.
Hope you enjoy the post! Fran xx
Keep reading to see how to create this DIY project!! :)
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
For those of us
who aren't lucky enough to have 20/20 vision, or the hipsters individuals that choose to wear eye glasses for style, the battle between eye glasses and sunnies has been in full swing. Debating whether to forgo sight or protection from sunlight is one call no one should have to make (and PLEASE no one even mention transition lenses as if that is even a slightly acceptable compromise). I myself have been meaning to invest in a pair of prescription sunglasses ever since my eyes decided that after almost 7 years of matrimony, contacts suddenly annoy them and I've been forced to wear my glasses a lot more. Needless to say I was thrilled when Firmoo contacted me to do a review on one of their products. I naturally chose to review a pair of sunnies since I already have glasses that I love, and plus what girl can resist having one more pair of sunglasses! :)
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
This past weekend's festivities seemed like the perfect time to break out my recent purchase from Necessary Clothing in Soho.
I absolutely love the carefree floral print on this chiffon dress!
Keep reading to see how to style this dress for yourself!
Monday, August 13, 2012
Scarf print has been slowly creeping back into the minds and hearts of many like a pop song with a repetitive hook "cough cough Justin Bieber cough".
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="460"] D&G RTW SS12[/caption]
It appeared back in SS12 in the final D&G show and many celebrities decided to jump on board then.
Today's "how to" is a simple salad jar recipe that I found on One Dog Woof.
It's a healthy lunch perfect for taking to work or school! The best part...it's super easy to make and can be prepared a few days in advance. Keep reading to see how to make this!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
This weekend I plan to put my new DSLR to good use by snapping some street fashion shoots on the streets on New York. I figured I might as well look the part with this adorable outfit I put together! The best part...wait for it...The whole entire look is for under $50. Crazy I know!
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
I don't know why, but lately I have been obsessed with ties and bow ties. Well since I am a girly girl, and feel weird wearing a traditional male bow tie, I have started to love the trend of shirts and tops with attached bows. This look can be professional as well as sweetly feminine, and it can help add volume to areas where you wish you had more volume ;-) . Be sure to keep reading to see where you can get each of these pieces! Also comment below and tell me about your own weekly inspiration!
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Recently my friend shared with me this article she found about "the six item challenge." I hadn't previously heard of it so I was intrigued by the concept. Basically the idea is to wear the same six items of clothing for 30 days straight. It goes without mentioning that underwear and other "time sensitive" clothing is excluded from this challenge.
I found the idea of the challenge to be interesting. It reminded me of back in undergrad ( I love how I say that as if I didn't just graduate a few months ago lol ) there was this group/pseudo sorority that made all the girls interested in joining wear the same exact dress for the entire pledge period.
Although I'm 100 percent sure I'm not up to this six item challenge at this point in time, it did however get me thinking of times when limiting yourself to a few clothing choices is a good idea (hint hint, anytime a suitcase is involved) . I felt inspired to create my own six item challenge ... "The Six Item work week challenge."
Interested in finding out more or participating in the challenge? Keep reading to see how it works!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Okay okay, so technically camel isn't really a traditional "summer color" but I love to rock this color year round. Currently I've been crushing on camel color accessories, everything from bags to flats, I even bought a new pair of shoes last week in this same color! It's hard not to love it when it goes with almost everything and makes getting dressed in the morning that much easier :)!!