If you're like me, then you kick yourself every time you find yourself at the airport- looking like you literally rolled out of bed. Although I know when my flight is scheduled well in advance, I still end up running late, and as a result, looking less than my usual fanciness. To prevent this scenario from happening again, take some cues from airport fashionista Kim K.
1. Comfort is still key: plan on wearing leggings or your favorite pair or worn in skinnies so that you won ‘t be as uncomfortable sitting in a seat for a long period of time
2. Layers: The weather from your departing city might be totally different from where your headed, layer it up just to be on the safe side and add/minus as needed. Extra plus, you won’t be too cold on the plane when the person seated next to you decides to put the air on full force.
3. Shoes: In most airports you have to remove your shoes. Be one step ahead by wearing shoes, such as boots or slides, which are easy to take on and off. Trust me; you don’t want to be that girl in line, holding everyone up, as she unties knee high lace-up boots!
4. Accessories: Since you don’t want to go overboard with the jewelry and risk setting off the metal detectors, opt for fun scarves or even hats to cover up “plane hair.” Just in case you run out of time to do your makeup, go ahead and plan to wear your shades indoors… just this once…but please make sure they are not tinted to the point where you can’t see ;)
5. Tote Bag: If you’re a student like me you’re probably trying to avoid the checking in a bag fee. After you’ve stuffed your carry on to the limit throw the rest in an over sized tote bag. Extra plus: you can store your layers away in this if you get hot and you’ll have all of your things handy to freshen up after you get off the plane!
Hope these tips help you out on your next trip!!!!
**Disclaimer: Photos from www.vpqv.net, www.zimbio.com, www.fadedyouth-blogspot.com, www.olsenstwinsnews.com