If you're single (or planning to become single soon) weddings are the ultimate opportunity to meet people out of your usual social scene. Translation = you want to look attractive but not too good to the point that you out shine the bride and as a result lose her as a friend and a twitter follower the next morning. So how do you achieve this delicate balance of "chic, "classy", "cute" and "currently available"? Keep reading to see my summer wedding dress guide broken down into 5 simple tips!
1. The Dress: I personally prefer to wear dresses to weddings although pants and skirts are equally fitting. Find a dress that is flattering and shows some curves without being too tight or too revealing. (Nothings worse then meeting your friend's family and feeling like all eyes are on you because you stick out like a Dell in the Apple store.)
2. Flattering Sunnies: Weddings tend to bring out the water works in people. Make sure you have something to cover puffy under eyes if necessary. No need to let getting overjoyed for the happy couple, stand in the way of your own potential future joy ;)
3. Comfortable Shoes: You never know if you might end up chatting someone up by the bar or dancing the night away with a handsome stranger; you would hate to have to make a sudden exit a-la-Cinderella due to uncomfortable shoes.
4. Simple Clutch: As a general rule of thumb, heavy anything in the summer is usually a bad idea. This rule holds true for purses. No one wants to have to keep track of a monstrously large bag during a social event. Keep things simple with a small clutch that is just large enough to carry the essentials ( and of course make sure you slide in a few business cards to hand out as you "network")
5. A Gift: Hopefully this goes without saying but just in case it doesn't... I'm going to go ahead and say it. Make sure you bring the bride and groom something nice, if for no other reason then the fact that it is the right thing to do, plus it's good karma...who knows, maybe your wedding might be coming up sooner than you think.
Comment below and let me know what your summer wedding
survival guide staples list includes!? Do you have any weddings to attend this summer?