Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fancy and Frugal: NYK Butter Lipstick Review

NYX Butter Lipstick

Recently Lulu's hosted their annual NYFW style studio for bloggers. Amongst the many sponsors of the fabulous event, was affordable makeup company NYX. In addition giving mini makeup touches at the event, they also gifted us their new Butter Lipsticks.


As someone who's been loving to experiment with lipsticks lately, I couldn't wait to try out the new product. I received shade Shade BLS12 -"Little Susie", which is a pretty wearable pink shade. The lipsticks goes on like a Chapstick but has the color pigment of a lipstick, something I was surprised to see, given the texture of the product going on.


20140326-002119.jpg


Shade BLS12 -"Little Susie"


Although it did have quite a bit of pigment, the consistency of the product made it not as opaque as I usually like and required a few applications to get it full coverage of my lips. In addition, I found it also necessary to reapply throughout the day as you would Chapstick.


Overall I think it's a nice product if you are looking for an alternative to tinted lip balm or Revlon's lip butters. I really liked the fact that it was moisturizing instead of drying like other lipsticks, and also the color of the shades I tried. .



Interested in trying them out for yourself? These lipsticks are available in stores and online where ever NYK is sold.


xoxo,


Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!

Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest

 

 

4 comments: