Fall is upon us, and for many (including myself) it's our favorite season for fashion. Each year the dip in temperature allows us to experiment with layers and stylish cold weather accessories. This season I found seven pieces that are essential for every woman's wardrobe.
1. Pea coats and Trenches: depending on the climate where you live, either a trench or pea coat partnered with a strategic scarf can get you through the Fall season. This year I've been crushing on camel color pea coats because they add an extra ounce of style to any outfit and coordinate well with anything like the classic black coat. For trench coats, try an olive green one like this or a camel color one as well, both colors work well for Fall and transition easily for Spring.
2. Tights (thick and sheer): If we've said it once, we've said it a million times...tights are a girl's best friend, and this couldn't be any truer than in the Fall. Whether your transitioning your dresses into the cooler weather or adding them under your pants for extra warmth, tights are essential for the Fall. I recommend getting at least one sheer, one thick, and one printed so your covered (no pun intended) in every situation.
3. Turtle Necks: This year's "it" sweater is definitely the turtle neck. Turtle neck's have made a huge comeback thanks in part to the 90's fashion trend. Last year sleeveless and cropped varieties of turtlenecks were super popular but this year the classic turtleneck in a neutral color like black, navy, cream is a top Fall pick.
4. Fitted leather jacket: Once a clear "bad girl indicator" the leather jacket is now as mainstream in Fall as the leaves on the ground. Leather jackets are versatile and fierce, making them a cool weather staple. Try a classic one like this or a cute and trendy one like this one.
5. Long sleeve LBD: for those days when it's cold and you have absolutely nothing to wear (or you have a date after work and you need something that can go from "desk to dinner", a long sleeve LBD will save your life. For some reason the colder weather variety of this wardrobe staple doesn't get as much love and press but trust me, you'll love it just same!
6. Booties: booties are to fall as sandals are to summer. You absolutely need a pair in your life. We love these ones for everyday wear and these for a night out.
7. Fall IT bag: there is something about fall and a new bag that just goes together. Treat yourself to a new everyday bag like this one or this one that will instantly elevate any outfit while having enough room to hold all your cold weather extras (cough drops, tissues, etc)