Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to style a shift dress

Summer day parties are amongst some of my favourite past times. There’s something quite perfect about sipping on cocktails watching the sun set as you dance along to summer tunes. Although I adore day parties, finding the right assemble can be somewhat tricky. Recently I've taken to wearing shift dresses as they provide just the right amount of style and sophistication, and work brilliantly from Summer into Autumn.

topshop bday dress


Look 1:
Dress up a rather simple shift dress by pairing it with a hat. Hats are a great way to add flare and fun to a look, while helping you fight off the wind while you're at it! I love this gorgeous Topshop number because it's long enough to "protect my dignity", and just loose enough that I don't have to worry if I eat too much!

urban outfitters bday dress


Look 2:
Hat's not your thing? Try popping on a "floral reef" like the blue flower crown I put on to finish this second look and add a touch of femininity! This look is a shift dress I got from Urban Outfitters after I fell in love with the loose fitting style and blue marble pattern. Since this dress is more decorative than the first, I decided to try a more demure hair accessorize.

And there you have it! Two awesome ways to accessorize a lovely shift dress this summer into fall!

Comment below and let me know if you own any shift dresses? How do you like to style your shift dresses?

xoxo,

Sophie

This article was written by Sophie of simplesophie.com. For more by Sophie be sure to check out her blog and follow her on twitter @simplesophie_ .

Want more Fancy? Follow on Twitter| Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment