Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Francy Answers: what to wear under your graduation gown

Hello Francy,

I am in desperate need of your help.My mom bought me this beautiful blue high-low chiffon dress for graduation but I want to accessorize it. The thing is... I actually suck at accessorizing. I have no idea about what to do with shoes, jewerly, or a belt. I bought a gold belt from little 5..but I have no idea if it works or not. Would you be able to help me?? I would be eternally grateful!!

Faith

Hi Faith -

First off, congratulations on graduating!!! I know graduation is coming up soon so I wanted to give you a written response as quick as possible.

what to wear to graduation



ShopStyle



So first things first, I love the fact that you choose a wrap dress to wear, lately I've been loving them myself as they are extremely figure flattering and "sexy classy" as I like to call it lol ;) I think it is a good idea to change out the belt that comes with it and put your own to dress it up a bit but I would suggest going with a coral color instead of a gold (the belt I wore in here is exactly the same kind I think would look great with your dress). Coral pink and cobalt blue look excellent together and would be lovely for the occasion.

Try finding a skinny waist belt, preferably one that was a hidden belt buckle or a bow instead of a typical belt buckle (like the one I wore here).

Below are more Coral Belt Options:



If you're not a fan of coral, a yellow or kelly green belt in the same style I described would also work well with the blue of your dress.


For shoes I would go with a nude sandal with a low heel since you will be walking around during the ceremony. You could also do a coral sandal but that would be a bit too matchy matchy.



For jewelry I would suggest a subtle necklace paired with dangling earrings. Stay away from statement necklaces since you will be wearing a bold belt, you don't want your necklace to also be bold and attention grabbing. Instead wear a delicate necklace that won't compete with your belt. If you must wear a statement necklace, definitely make sure it is a short choker style, however I still don't recommend it. To add a little more glitz to your look, you can wear dangling /chandelier earrings which will not be in direct competition with your belt and will tie the overall look together.

Hope that helped! Be sure to let us know how it turned out! :)

 

Comment below and let me know what you think of the looks I put together! What did you wear to graduation?


Want YOUR fashion or beauty dilemma answered in the next Francy Answers? Click here to submit your question and I will answer it in a future post.



xoxo,


Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!

Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest


 

 

2 comments:

  1. First I love the shoes at the top!! Way out of my price range but they are super sexy. I'm also feeling the ankle strap sandals for the summer.

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the outfit you put together, this could also be worn on a night out.

    ReplyDelete