Shorts are the classic summer staple, but that doesn't mean they have to be boring! Shorts can be practical, comfortable, elegant, and feminine. There are a variety of styles, ranging from short-shorts and retro style to the classic short, giving an unlimited number of ways to style them.
The classic summer short can be found in many different colours and lengths. It could be paired with a simple t-shirt, a light cardigan, and oxfords for a casual day time look, or dressed up for a night out by adding a chic blazer and heels to the look.
Keep reading for tips to help you get the most out of your short looks this summer.
1. It's All in the Details: When wearing shorts, how you accessorize your look can make all the difference. When in doubt, go for a basic short and spice it up with your own style. For example, try adding a long chain and a pair of standout gladiator sandals or a pop of colour with a clutch purse next time you want a cute day time look.
2. Reach for new heights: Take advantage of the leg lengthening power of high heels then by showing of your length legs in a pair of shorts. Floral wedges look perfect with a pair of tailored shorts for a more casual look. To add a bold touch to your outfit instead, stilettos are your go-to shoe, and make the look perfect for a night out. Of course if heels aren't your thing you can always pair your shorts with a cute pair of flats.
3. Make sure the shorts you decide to buy fit well. Shorts that a too tight, around your waist and thighs, will make you look uncomfortable. One thing to remember: if your shorts are tight, wear a loose top; if they’re loose, wear a tight top. Balance your shorts with a tunic, a long sleeved shirt,or a light blouse. If you’re wearing a longer pair of shorts, pair them with an embellished tank top.
4. Don't wear super short shorts: Just don't do it.
5. Having self-confidence will take you far: This is probably the most import tip of all. Being comfortable and confident while showing off your legs this summer is the best way to look amazing.
With all the different colours, prints, styles, and materials for you to choose from, you’re left with an endless selection. When buying shorts, it’s all about choosing a shape and length that works for your body type. Once you find a style that suits you, you may want to buy multiple pairs in different colours.
Comment below and let us know how you like to wear shorts!
Today’s article was written by Tianna of yourstyleforecast.com. For more by Tianna be sure to check out her blog and follow her on twitter @tiannaalexandre.
Want more Fancy? Follow on Twitter| Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
*Images used in this post are not the property of Fancy Francy.com